Yesterday we had a day of very strong winds. At the Needles Lighthouse(the other end of the Island to us)a gust of 100MPH was recorded. The worst fate that we had was two of our fence panels blew down. Fortunately we have a good neighbour who we can talk to about it.
I also got caught in a dreadful rain/hail storm. I had only walked 100 yards or so when the heavens opened. In trying to keep my hat on my hands had hailstones bouncing off them. Needless to say, I broke my habit of walking to the paper shop and took the car instead.
So to the cough. Yesterday wasn't as bad as Friday but it did get worse as the evening wore on. Last night wasn't too clever either. I got up at about 3.00AM and went downstairs to the Lounge. I sat up and managed about 4 hours sleep. Honestly I try not to let this bother me but it can be a little wearying at times. Ev is great about it though it can't be much fun for her.
On a plus point, I am making a conscious effort to drink more. As I have said before this has to be managed carefully. If you drink too much just before a meal, you find you struggle to eat anything. The other problem is that the water on the Island is very hard and tastes rather foul. In contrast the water in North Yorkshire seems like manna from heaven.
More tomorrow.
Sunday, 15 November 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment