The expression mixed is the one I am looking for as far as health matters are concerned. During last week I had two acid attacks in the night, one of which was particularly unpleasant. As I have indicated before, this in many ways is more depressing than when it happened say six months ago. To have several weeks where nothing takes place and then for it to rear its ugly head comes as something of a shock.
In trying to work this out, Ev and I have come up with one common denominator and that is eating late. Usually we eat between 6 and 7 but there have been some occasions when either through me feeling hungry at night or us getting back late when it's been 8.00 plus when we have had Dinner. Since then I have been having a meal by 7.00 and so far it seems to be working.
In the meantime I can report that my weight remains at 12 stone 12(180 pounds).
We spent the weekend at Christopher and Gillan's house in North Wales. It was Harry's Birthday on Sunday and Lucy will be 13 on November 17. On Saturday we had a nice meal featuring two of Lucy's favourites. One was roasted Gammon and the other chocolate fudge cake. Ev did the cooking honours and Lucy was genuinely grateful. Sunday saw us go to a nearby Ice Cream Farm where Harry and his pals enjoyed a Birthday play and tea.
Gillian's parents(Ian and Lorna) were also there. We all agreed it was a grand way to spend a weekend. Poor Harry when he got back from nursery on Monday night that there was nobody here as in all Grandparents had gone home.
On a more sober note on Monday we went to a funeral. It was the mother of avery good friend of both Andrea and Ev when we lived in Shropshire. The deceased was 91 and died after a short illness. It is at times like this that you count your own lucky stars.
When we got back to the Island the heavens opened and the ferocity of the rain was like something I haven't heard in a long time. The brook at the back of the house burst its banks but fortunately we were not flooded though several properties were in Ryde and roads were closed.
Finally you may remember in a previous blog I mentioned the campaign by the Island's MP to retain an Island only constituency. He failed in his attempt in the House of Commons and will be hoping the House of Lords may listen. It turns out many other parts of the country are not happy with the arrangements either. I remain of the view though that the basic principle of constituencies being of roughly equal size is a difficult one to argue against.
More next Sunday.
Tuesday, 9 November 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment